Why Earn a Master's Degree in Mathematics Education?
The program at Towson University is designed to provide certified middle and high school teachers with an in-depth study of mathematics and its teaching and learning. Teachers in our program learn powerful mathematics, closely tied to the curriculum they teach, while also gaining practical pedagogical expertise as well as analytic and leadership skills. Our graduates are prepared for leadership positions in mathematics education such as master teachers, curriculum developers and mathematics supervisors.
As a master's degree student, you will choose one of two tracks. Both tracks include courses in mathematics, pedagogy, and integration of technology, while providing flexibility for you to design a program that fits your own needs and interests.
- Middle school track: Designed for current and future middle school mathematics teachers, including those with a background in elementary education.
- Secondary school track: Designed for certified secondary mathematics teachers with a strong background in mathematics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural And Philosophical Background Of Mathematics
- Technology In School Mathematics Teaching And Learning
- Curriculum Issues In Secondary School Mathematics
- Seminar In Teaching Advanced Placement Calculus
- Concepts And Issues In Education
- Research And Information Technology
- Assessment And Evaluation In Education
- Teaching In A Multicultural Society
- Teaching In The Middle School
- Discipline And Classroom Management In Secondary Schools
- Advanced Processes Of Teaching And Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 546 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Applicants must meet the general requirements for graduate study outlined in this catalog. The applicant must possess current certification for teaching secondary school mathematics (Secondary School Track) or teaching elementary school (Middle School Track). In some circumstances, as determined by the program director, two years of recent, documented, full-time teaching experience may replace the certification requirement. For the Secondary School Track, the applicant should have an undergraduate degree (or MAT) in mathematics with a secondary education concentration or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university**, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 for full admission and 2.75 for conditional admission.
International1104 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1104 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1104 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1104 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 612 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.