The MS in Agricultural Education at California State University Chico seeks to meet the needs of today’s agricultural educators. The fully online program offers the opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree in Agricultural Education while being employed full time. Graduate students can access graduate level work from respected faculty members across the nation through CSU, Chico’s participation in the AG*IDEA Consortium while completing Master’s coursework.
We look forward to providing an innovative approach to address the challenge of time management and travel presented through a traditional graduate degree program. Courses include topics such as teacher pedagogy, research, communications, and leadership development.
Career opportunities appear excellent. Federal reports indicate that in the 21st century there will be more professional job openings in the agricultural and natural resource management sectors than there will be qualified graduates to fill those positions. Some graduates in agriculture enter positions leading to management responsibilities on the farm or ranch, in industry, in business, in governmental land management and regulatory agencies, or in research and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology in Agricultural Education
- Program Planning in Agricultural Education
- Instructional Methods in Agricultural Education
- Assessment in Agricultural Education
- Agricultural Leadership, Supervision, and Administration
- Program Evaluation in Agricultural Education
- Adult Learners in Agricultural Education
- Agricultural Education Foundations, History, and Philosophy
- Teaching Diverse Learners in Agricultural Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Agriculture View 1017 other Masters in Education in United States
- To be admitted to graduate and postbaccalaureate study, a student must hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or must have completed an equivalent acceptable to the Office of Graduate Studies at California State University, Chico.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a master's degree must have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units of course work attempted and at least 3.0 in the last 30 units attempted. Applicants for unclassified status, such as qualifying for a teaching credential, must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in their last 60 semester units of course work attempted.
International15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15444 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15444 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9108 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.