The goal of the graduate program is to develop well-rounded accounting professionals who are prepared for a variety of careers in public, private or governmental accounting.
Why pursue your graduate degree at Missouri State University? Through the Master of Accountancy program, you will develop your research, writing and presenting skills, which will help you become a polished accounting professional. You learn directly from our highly qualified faculty, many of whom are noted experts in their field.
Evening and online courses provide flexibility for working professionals who are continuing their education. Internships and co-ops provide you with hands-on experience, course credit and networking connections.
- Graduates will apply enhanced analytical skills to resolve complex problems.
- Graduates will understand the legal, regulatory, and professional environment of accounting.
- Graduates will demonstrate professional communication skills.
- Graduates understand the ethical expectations of the accounting profession including the ability to recognize and respond appropriately to ethical dilemmas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Accounting Cycle
- Individual Tax Return Preparation
- International Accounting
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Accounting Choices and Methods
- Managerial Cost Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAccounting View 581 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Overall GPA of at least 3.00 and 3.00 in upper-division accounting courses.
- A competitive score on the GMAT (no other test accepted). Students with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an AACSB accredited school may waive the GMAT requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Applicants must have completed appropriate prerequisites as determined by the MAcc Program Director.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal admission requirements, but who show an indication of high promise, will be considered for probationary admission.
- All other University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a degree program will also apply.
International17460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 USD per year during 12 months.
National8670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8670 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8670 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.