All of our teachings are grounded in public administration theory. The MPA is designed for both in-service and pre-service students and can be tailored to focus on individual professional and career goals.
The program’s position within the UA Little Rock School of Public Affairs and at the seat of state government in Arkansas offers unique opportunities for internships and other practical experiences.
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program at University of Arkansas at Little Rock prepares a diverse body of pre-service and in-service graduate students for professional management and leadership careers in government, nonprofit and community agencies by providing students with:
- substantive knowledge about public and non-profit organizations, public policy, the political process, public service values of equality, fairness, representativeness, trust, transparency, accountability, objectivity, efficiency and professional values and ethics;
- the use of critical thinking and decision-making approaches, appropriate research methods, analytical tools and statistical techniques for collecting, analyzing, presenting, and interpreting data for policy, organizational, leadership and managerial issues in public and non-profit organizations;
- leadership, organizational, and managerial skills to lead and manage people in complex, diverse and changing environments; and,
- effective written and oral communication skills essential for effective public administrators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Profession of Public Administration
- Public Organization Theory
- Human Resource Management in the Public Sector
- Public Financial Administration
- Public Policy Analysis
- Seminar in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Relations View 69 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours. Work in other graduate or professional programs will be considered in making admission decisions.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) is required. Preferred scores on the GRE should be in the range of 153 for the verbal section of the exam and in the range of 148 for the quantitative section. The preferred MAT score is 400.
- A one-page written statement of educational and career goals (required)
- Resume (required)
- Two letters of recommendation (required)
International14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State6524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6524 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.