The thesis option from University of Arkansas at Little Rock has two possible tracks – (1) General Biology track and (2) Cell and Molecular Biology track. This program is designed to serve a wide variety of post-baccalaureate education needs in central Arkansas and serves students who may have diverse backgrounds and goals.
The program provides students with (1) core skills desired by potential or current employers, (2) specific knowledge and techniques relevant to specialized fields within biology, and (3) opportunity to work independently on a thesis or project suitable to each student’s aspirations.
What do biologists do?
A degree in biology (Bachelors and/or advanced) opens the door to an unusually large number of career options, which include:
- Research: Research biologists study the natural world, using the latest scientific tools and techniques in both laboratory settings and the outdoors, to understand how living systems work.
- Health care: Biologists may develop public health campaigns to defeat illnesses such as tuberculosis, AIDS, cancer, and heart disease.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department of Biology also holds an affiliation with the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (Ocean Springs, Mississippi) to expand student opportunities for study.
- Additional liaisons could be developed, as the need may arise, with the National Center for Toxicological Research (Jefferson, AR), Veterans Administration, and other agencies and institutions.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 837 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Upper level coursework (or equivalent) in four of the following six areas — cell or molecular biology, ecology, evolution, genetics, physiology, and organismal biology.
- Two lecture courses in physics and four lecture courses in chemistry (to include inorganic and organic chemistry).
- A minimum combined score of 950 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test. GRE scores more than 5 years old will not be considered.
- International students must present TOEFL scores. Minimum scores for acceptance are 525 on the paper-based test or 195 on the computer-based version.
International14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State6524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6524 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.