MA Applied Communication Studies program graduates at University of Arkansas at Little Rock learn to foster the co-creation of better social worlds through positive communication by focusing on three big questions across the coursework in our program: (1) What are we creating in our communication, (2) what do we want to create in our communication, and (3) what communication practices will facilitate what we want to create.
Our alumni work in a variety of career fields grounded in the program outcomes.
Outcomes of Program
Upon graduating from our program, we believe that students will be able ethically to:
- Analyze messages, answering the question, “what are we creating in our communication”?
- Set communicative goals, answering the question, “what do we want to be creating in our communication”?
- Influence discourse, answering the question, “what communication practices will facilitate what we want to create”?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Communication Research
- Organizational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Seminar: Topics in Communication
- Transformations in Health Communication
- Family Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 539 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities sent directly to the graduate school by the degree granting university in a sealed envelope.
- $40 application fee
- A copy of your government-issued photo ID
- Proof of 2 MMR vaccines (required for any students who take on-campus classes 300-500 word professional statement indicating your goals and fit with this program.
- Two writing samples from previous coursework
- A list of three academic and/or professional references with contact information (do not have letters sent).
- Resume or curriculum vitae
International14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State6524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6524 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.