- Students completing an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education from Marshall University are not required to complete a student teaching field experience for the Preschool Special Education program as this requirement is previously met as part of the Early Childhood Education undergraduate degree. Additionally, students who wish to only complete the MA in Special Education with an emphasis on Preschool Special Education (without certification) have this option available to them.
- The Special Education Master’s degree may be earned with a specialization in any of the Areas of Emphasis listed below. Students without a background in education must acquire certification in regular education prior to endorsement in Special Education, or they can enter the Non-Education Certification program, the Preschool Special Education Area of Emphasis is exempt from this requirement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Multi-Categorical Special Education
- Preschool Special Education
- Teaching Visually Impaired
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
36-45 credit hours.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3566 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit Your Application
- The application requires a $150 non-refundable application fee
- Official Transcripts and Evaluations: Official final bachelor’s degree transcript and degree certificate must be sent in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation and contain ALL college or university academic credits and grades. The transcripts must be sent directly to the Marshall University Office of Admissions by the registrar or equivalent office at the institution that you attend.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Affidavit of Financial Support
International21162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10581 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10581 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4414 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Metro Residents: $7786
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.