Coursework included as a part of this program must not be older than seven years at the time of graduation. All coursework that candidates wish to transfer from other institutions must be approved by Marshall University within the first semester of classes. A plan of study must be completed, signed, and returned electronically to the Literacy Education Secretary, Senior. These programs do not lead to an initial teacher licensure. Completers can apply to the West Virginia Department of Education for an additional endorsement to their general education teaching license. Out of state applicants should consult with their local agencies about any literacy endorsement requirements.
- The MA in Literacy Education offered by the Marshall University is a 36-hour degree leading to WV Reading Specialist Certification (Pre-K-Adult).
- Classes are offered 100% online with 3-4 virtual meetings.
- Face-to-Face meetings are available.
- All program courses must be completed within seven years of start date with a maintained minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Developmental Reading
- Literacy Acquisition
- Literacy in the Content Areas
- Literacy Assessment
- The Use of Technology for Literacy Instruction
- Writing in a Literacy Framework
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Literacy Education View 161 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- Submit Your Application
- The application requires a $150 non-refundable application fee
- Official Transcripts and Evaluations: Official final bachelor’s degree transcript and degree certificate must be sent in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation and contain ALL college or university academic credits and grades. The transcripts must be sent directly to the Marshall University Office of Admissions by the registrar or equivalent office at the institution that you attend.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Affidavit of Financial Support
International21434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10717 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10717 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7873 USD per semester during 12 months.
Metro Residents: $7873
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.