The Master of Fine Arts program in Creative Writing, Editing, and Publishing at Sam Houston State University is a 48-hour workshop-based residency program that allows you to:
- focus on poetry, fiction, or creative non-fiction;
- enjoy intensive instruction with dedicated professors;
- gain practical publishing experience through SHSU's Texas Review Press and Texas Review.
In addition, students participate in writing workshops in fiction and poetry, undertake coursework in literary periods and types, and study critical theory.
M.F.A. candidates present an M.F.A. thesis: a book-length work (minimum 80 pages for poetry and 160 pages for prose—novel, short-story collection, essay collection, or other work of creative non-fiction).
The Specialists degree in School Psychology is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to ensure high quality school psychology training and services
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Research: Methods and Theories
- Literary Criticism and Theory
- Creative Writing: Poetry
- Early & Middle English Literacture
- English Linguistics
- History and Development of the English Language
- Early American Literature
- Restoration - 18th Century British Literature
- The Classical Tradition
- Renaissance & Seventeenth-Century British Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 300 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the ApplyTexas.org Application (International) and pay the nonrefundable application fee of $75 in U.S. currency via MasterCard, American Express, VISA, Discover Card, money order or check drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Submit official transcripts from all college coursework.
- Submit the official credentials evaluation.
- If transcripts are from a school outside of the U.S. the document must be translated and evaluated by a NACES accredited service or SDR Educational Consultants
International1135 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1135 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1135 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1135 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State726 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.