The Museum Science and Management program offers internships and student experiences that reflect the workings of a full-service museum. After graduation, graduates understand the importance of the visitor/audience experience in virtually all aspects of museum functions. The MSM staff provides mentoring to ensure a broad understanding of professional opportunities and responsibilities.
Students gain experience in using objects and collections in research, exhibition, publication and educational programming, as well as a background in museum administration, leadership and fundraising. Internships at regional or national cultural institutions provide practical experience for students in their selected area of specialization.
The Museum Science and Management program is a full-time program that students should be able to complete in two years. Part-time students should expect to complete the degree program in three to four years, depending on the number of credit hours in which the student enrolls each semester. Available tracks in the program are: Anthropology, History, Native American and General.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Museum Administration and Management
- Grant Writing for Museums
- Conservation Principles
- Museum Education and Exhibitions
- Museum Collections/Data Management
- Museum Project
- Special Topics
- Independent Study
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Advanced Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Preparing, Understanding and Using Financial Statements
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Museum Studies View 50 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Results from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination
- A minimum TOEFL score of 90 on the Internet-based exam, 232 on the computer-based exam, or 575 on the paper exam for students whose native language is not English. Non-native speakers may submit a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS examination to substitute for the TOEFL score.
- An undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0. Students who do not satisfy this requirement but have at least a 3.0 GPA in their major field may be admitted on probation.
International1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.