The program in Speech Language Pathology at University of Tulsa takes two years of full time study and the curriculum covers the knowledge and skills outlined by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) required for certification as a speech-language pathologist, licensure from the Oklahoma Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and certification for working in the public schools. Additionally, successful graduates are prepared to apply for doctoral study in speech-language pathology and to assume leadership positions in professional organizations.
The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in speech-language pathology requires 39 credit hours consisting of 34 coursework credit hours and 5 clinical practicum credit hours. Students begin their supervised clinical work in the University’s speech and hearing clinic with subsequent practica at various off-campus facilities. Speech-language pathology graduate students are assigned two offsite practicum placements during the last semester of their master’s program – one in a hospital and/or rehabilitation setting and one in a school setting. All coursework, with the exception of the research paper and/or thesis, must be completed prior to beginning the offsite practicum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Introduction to Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Clinical Methods
- Clinical Practicum: Speech-Language Pathology
- Professional and Multicultural Issues in Communication Disorders
- Infants and Toddlers at Risk
- Speech and Hearing Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Health Sciences Linguistics View 1875 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE General Test results
- $60 application fee
International39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.