The program in speech-language pathology takes two years of full time study and the curriculum covers the knowledge and skills outlined by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) required for certification as a speech-language pathologist, licensure from the Oklahoma Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and certification for working in the public schools. Additionally, successful graduates are prepared to apply for doctoral study in speech-language pathology and to assume leadership positions in professional organizations.
The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in speech-language pathology requires 39 credit hours consisting of 34 coursework credit hours and 5 clinical practicum credit hours. Students begin their supervised clinical work in the University’s speech and hearing clinic with subsequent practica at various off-campus facilities. Speech-language pathology graduate students are assigned two offsite practicum placements during the last semester of their master’s program – one in a hospital and/or rehabilitation setting and one in a school setting. All coursework, with the exception of the research paper and/or thesis, must be completed prior to beginning the offsite practicum.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Language Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Introduction to Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Clinical Methods
- Clinical Practicum: Speech-Language Pathology
- Professional and Multicultural Issues in Communication Disorders
- Infants and Toddlers at Risk
- Speech and Hearing Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Health Sciences Linguistics View 1076 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A completed Graduate School application (paper or online) with a Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Official GRE General Test results sent directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS)
- $55 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. should submit official TOEFL or IELTS results
International1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.