The Master of Science in Environmental and Ocean Sciences at University of San Diego gives you the opportunity to:
- Design experiments or observations that test hypotheses
- Contribute new information to a knowledge base
- Learn to write in a way that facilitates scientific exchange
With intensive coursework and personalized mentoring and support, the Master of Science in Environmental and Ocean Sciences degree can serve as a terminal graduate degree prior to entry into the workforce, an enhancement of skills for an existing job in a technical area or in education or a step toward a doctoral degree.
Located on the Pacific Ocean
Take advantage of San Diego's rich community of ocean specialists. The USD campus is minutes from the bay. You'll have the benefit of working in the Southern California and Mexico regions, which provide unique marine life for study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Seminar
- Oceanography: Geological Oceanography
- Oceanography: Biological Oceanography
- Oceanography: Marine Geochemistry
- Oceanography: Marine Community Ecology
- Electron Microscopy
- Biology of Fishes
- Marine Mammals
- Deep-Sea Biology
- History of the Earth and Climate
- Introduction to Remote Sensing
- Environmental Geology
- Surface Water Hydrology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 109 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1555 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1555 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.