Typically Special Education students at University of South Dakota seek the Master’s degree in Special Education while pursuing certification in one or more areas. A degree of flexibility provides additional opportunities for those not needing or wanting certification. Students wishing to pursue a Master of Arts degree in Special Education must select from the following specializations: Advanced Specialist in Disabilities, Early Childhood Special Education, or Multicategorical Special Education K-12. Students are encouraged to discuss program specializations with an advisor at the time of admission to the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diagnostic Teaching
- Special Education Collaboration Or Consultation In The Schools
- Vocational-transitional Programming
- Medical Issues In Special Education
- Advanced Methods And Materials For Secondary Students With Disabilities
- Assessment Of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Educating Students With Cognitive Disabilities
- Educating Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Educating Students With Emotional/ Behavior Disorders
- Educating Students With Learning Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 656 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- All graduate applications are submitted through a Centralized Application Service (CAS). Applicants need to submit all required application materials and pay the $35 application fee. The application fee cannot be waived or deferred and is non-refundable.
- Some programs require letters of recommendation. Please see specific graduate program requirements for details. The letters of recommendation are requested in CAS and should be submitted by the reference through the CAS Evaluator Portal.
- One official transcript (in English or with translation) verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree or equivalent degree from an institution with regional accreditation and previous graduate credit and degrees must accompany an application.
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 647 USD per credit during 12 months.
National647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 647 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 336 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.