The Teaching Urban Education and Social Justice with Credential degree at University of San Francisco is designed to help students develop the critical frameworks and pedagogical foundations needed to teach in urban schools while pursuing your teaching credential.
Our curriculum focuses on the complex learning strengths and needs of urban students from diverse cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Candidates will learn through a combination of coursework, fieldwork, action research, and professional development activities.
Graduates with Teaching Urban Education and Social Justice with Credential from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- Develop awareness of classroom teaching as a complex endeavor that involves understanding of curricular knowledge, diverse learners, high leverage pedagogies, classroom community/leadership, multiple forms of assessment, and the contexts of schooling.
- Contemplate the different purposes of education and one’s own classroom teaching, and the implications for our role as teachers that foster our students’ growth as humane, competent, and empowered learners.
- Understand the connections among theories, principles, and classroom practice and critique the assumptions that underlie them.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Learning & Teaching
- Teaching for Diversity & Social Justice
- Education of Exceptional Children
- Critical Pedagogy and Cultural Studies in Urban Education
- Action Research and Service Learning for Urban Teachers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential with an optional Bilingual Authorization in Spanish| 36-40 credits.
- Preliminary Single Subject Credential with an optional Bilingual Authorization in Spanish | 34-38 credits.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3540 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must have earned their bachelor's and/or masters' degrees from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International1035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.