The Law programme from Cardiff University offers the knowledge and expertise to enable you to contribute more fully to your chosen profession through the development of intellectual competence and postgraduate skills.
The programme has been designed to give you the greatest flexibility to pursue advanced legal study in any area.
The LLM programme:
- Provides you with a general appreciation of current issues in specific areas of law, both domestic and international.
- Stimulates a critical approach to evaluation of current and proposed regulation and cultivates independent and original thought.
- Enables you to undertake in-depth research and demonstrate advanced knowledge in specific areas of law.
The LLM programme is very flexible and offers a wide range of modules providing you with the ability to customise the programme to meet your own professional and/or employment needs or interests.
A law degree doesn’t restrict you to a career within the legal profession and law graduates enter professions as diverse as finance, sales and marketing, digital communications and recruitment.
We are committed to extending extracurricular opportunities to you, helping to enhance your CVs in a competitive graduate job market. We work in partnership with lawyers, charities and voluntary organisations to give you the opportunity to practise and extend your skills and we run several Pro Bono schemes and provide advice to members of the community on different legal issues.
If you successfully complete the LLM programme you may have the opportunity to continue your legal study through the School’s PhD programme or through the Centre for Professional Legal Studies professional programmes (the Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course).
- Competition Law
- Insurance Law
- International Sales Law
- Comparative Corporate Governance
- World Trade Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Early application is strongly advised, normally well before the end of July.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 362 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- You should ideally have obtained at least a 2:1 class degree or equivalent in Law. Applicants with a 2.2 class degree or equivalent will be considered taking into account the application in its entirety.
International18200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.