The Clinical Dentistry (Endodontology) programme from Cardiff University is a full-time three-year specialist training programme. It has been designed to enhance student life-long learning skills, aid in developing evidence-based practice, develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in Endodontology, and facilitate further career development.
You will study 10 taught modules as well as a dissertation module based on your own research project.
By fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an unbiased, systematic and critical appraisal of contemporary knowledge, and an awareness of current problems and/or new insights, many of which are informed by the latest advances in Restorative Dentistry.
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas in Restorative Dentistry often in the absence of complete data, be able to communicate ideas and conclusions clearly and effectively to other specialist colleagues and non-specialist audiences, and engage in critical dialogue about clinical management in Restorative Dentistry.
- Read, understand and critically appraise relevant scientific and clinical literature.
- Formulate a hypothesis, plan and implement an appropriate project to test the hypothesis report the findings of the project in the appropriate format.
- Evaluate psychological aspects relevant to restorative dentistry.
- Execute simple and complex treatment procedures.
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary teams and treatment of compromised patients, such as cleft lip and palate and tooth anomalies, such as hypodontia.
- Understand the relevance of underlying social, dental and medical factors that may influence the uptake compliance and outcome of treatment.
- Be familiar with all aspects of clinical governance (clinical, corporate, research) and conduct of professional care.
The course will prepare you to take the Membership in Restorative Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – MRDRCS(Ed) – at the end of the programme.
On successful completion of the course, you should have the opportunity to pursue a career as a specialist in Endodontics.
- Research Methods
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Prosthodontics
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Periodontics
- Prevention and Management of Pulp Disease
- Prevention and Management of Periradicular Disease
- Inter-Relationships with other Specialities
- Clinical Practice in Conventional Endodontics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you apply 9–12 months in advance of the course starting.
DisciplinesDentistry View 118 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
Candidates must satisfy the requirements of Cardiff University General Entrance Requirement and, in addition:
- Hold a primary dental qualification (BDS/DDS or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of two years' clinical experience post qualification.
- Meet Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust requirements to hold an Honorary Clinical Contract: Occupational Health clearance including Exposure Prone Procedures (EPP) and Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance (Enhanced).
International46200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46200 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
This course does not currently accept students from the UK/EU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.