Offered in collaboration with the College of Health and Human Development and the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Assistive Technology Studies and Human Services 2-year, 10-course, fully online program at California State University Northridge is designed to prepare working professionals for rewarding careers in enhancing the lives of those who rely upon assistive technology devices.
Taught by distinguished CSUN faculty and accomplished assistive technology industry professionals, the ATHS program is offered in the cohort format, which facilitates interaction with faculty and fosters the development of networking relationships with fellow participants.
The Tseng College supports the CSUN International Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference.
The National Science Foundation ranks CSUN second nationally among comprehensive universities preparing students who later earn doctorate degrees in science and engineering (CSUN University Advancement).
Because the nation’s expanding population of older adults is accompanied by a growing burden of disability, the U.S. Department of Labor predicts long-term growth in all health services industries, including the areas of assistive, adaptive and access technologies.
With more than 4,000 such technologies designed so far to enable persons with disabilities to live more productive, independent and fulfilling lives, a new academic discipline has emerged to prepare human services professionals–including physical therapists, counselors and human resources experts–to provide a variety of services related to ensuring that their clients receive the optimum benefit from these technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Biology and Design Innovation
- Seminar in Human Characteristics in Relation to Usability of Assistive Technologies
- Assistive Technology Across the Lifespan
- Research Methods and Design in Assistive Technology
- History, Law, Policy and Assistive Technology
- Assistive Technology Assessment and Outcome Measures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Special Education View 155 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in any major from an accredited university or college.
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
- Complete the “International Online Application”
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- All secondary-school records
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S.institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents
International20286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20286 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National20286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20286 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8406 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
If you are not a resident of California, add $396 per unit.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.