The curriculum in the MESci is built around proven course strengths in our MS Geosciences, Geophysics, and Hydrologic Sciences programs. The MESci requires the student to select from one of three emphasis areas, with core content in each paralleling those other programs. This provides the MESci student with similar core skills, knowledge base, and focus as in the thesis based programs, skills which have proved vital to a broad range of fields, including policy, regulation, or management, in the areas of environment, natural resources, and urban planning.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Geomorphology
- Whole Earth Geochemistry
- Plate Tectonics
- Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
- Basin Analysis Hydrologic Science Core
- Applied Hydrologic Modeling
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geology View 181 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A letter of intent outlining background, preparation, interests, career goals and plans, and 1-3 potential faculty members to study under.
- A current résumé.
- Official Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test scores.
- A TOEFL score of 587 or higher for the written exam or 95 internetbased test (iBT) for students whose native language is not English.
- A writing sample (publication, technical document, scientifc abstract, or prior coursework).
International25276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25276 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25276 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9194 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
If you take over 16 hours per semester there is an additional cost of 239$ per credit (resident or non-resident)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.