Students of Creative Writing from Boise State University work with a faculty of accomplished writers and produce a manuscript of publishable quality during their course of study.
While the MFA is the preferred degree for teachers of creative writing, the program at Boise State University also prepares students with courses ofered in professional editing and publishing (practicum classes with Ahsahta Press and The Idaho Review), form and theory, as well as with invaluable teaching experience in the creative writing classroom
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Poetry Writing Workshop
- Fiction Writing Workshop
- Creative Nonfiction Writing Workshop
- Teaching Seminar
- Form and Theory of Poetry
- Form and Theory of Fiction
- Small Press Production
- Literary Journal Editing and Publishing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 345 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A GPA of at least 3.00 (on a 4-point scale) for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work.
- A letter of intent explaining your goals pursuing graduate study in creative writing.
- A writing sample consisting of thirty manuscript pages of fiction or fifteen poems.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.