Majors in Political Science of Boise State University are prepared for further study at the graduate level or for a variety of careers. Our alumni include teachers, lawyers, reporters, lobbyists, campaign managers and elected officials. Others work for large corporations as public affairs officers or for federal, state, or local governments in numerous capacities.
The Political Science program has a distinguished faculty that combines research excellence with a strong commitment to undergraduate education. Several faculty members have received outstanding teaching awards, including two recipients of the Idaho Professor of the Year Award from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, two University Distinguished Professors, two Golden Apple award winners and recipients of numerous other awards. Faculty research appears regularly in the discipline’s leading journals and has been supported by grants from such prestigious bodies as the National Science Foundation and the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Electoral Behavior
- Comparative Political Parties
- Non-Democratic Regimes
- Politics of Inequality
- Civil War and Terrorism
- Advanced International Political Economy
- State Institutions and Civil Society
- Contemporary Issues in World Politics
- American Government and Politics
- Comparative Politics
- World Politics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 328 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s background, academic interests, career goals and how our program will help them achieve these goals.
- A 5-10 page writing sample (previous academic paper, policy brief or memo, news article or blog post, document prepared for an employer, or new sample).
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or supervisors.
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.