The Counseling (Concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Concentration) from DePaul University is a practitioner-oriented program that is designed to prepare students to enter the professional field of clinical mental health counseling. Our program integrates counseling knowledge, skills, and clinical field experiences based on current research and best practices to help students develop their professional identities as clinical mental health counselors.
With a sound foundation in counseling and mental health training, graduates will be able to work within a variety of clinical settings such as community mental health centers, day treatment and in-patient hospital settings, employee assistance plans, correctional facilities, foster care agencies, group homes, youth mentoring programs, colleges and universities, and private practice settings. Within these settings, our graduates are equipped to address and resolve personal, familial, and social concerns that interfere with clients’ abilities to lead healthy and productive lives.
Unique to the Counseling program at DePaul University are opportunities for our students to learn in our state-of-the-art training facility (Education and Counseling Center), and a rigorous education in multiculturalism and social justice.
- The program’s focus is on training students to become culturally competent practitioners who can serve as advocates and leaders for clients, communities, and the profession. Graduates of our program have become counselors and leaders serving culturally and linguistically diverse populations (e.g., clients who are LGBTQ, of varied racial and ethnic backgrounds, and economically disenfranchised).
- Legal And Ethical Issues In Counseling
- The Counseling Profession
- Group Counseling
- Testing And Appraisal
- Assessment And Treatment Of Chemical Dependency
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1042 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Graduate admission application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Letters of recommendation from professors or work supervisors; applicants to the master's degree program are required to submit three letters.
International20040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 36 months.
National20040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.