The Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute is at the center of the program and offers students opportunities to participate in its work—from community and business related programming, to groundbreaking research and policy reform. Guided by outstanding full-time faculty and leading health law attorneys, the curriculum evolves as the field of health care law changes.
Established in 1986, the Health Law program from DePaul University is considered one of the most competitive programs in the nation. Guided by outstanding full-time faculty and leading attorneys, the health law curriculum evolves as health care law and technology change, addressing the demand for lawyers with specialized credentials in this field.
You may also earn course credit while gaining valuable practice experience through field placements. Additionally, you may participate in programs conducted by the Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction To American Law And Legal Systems
- Introduction To Legal Writing And Research
- Labor Law
- Legal Drafting: Health Law
- Insurance Law
- Transactional Health Law Practice
- Health Policy And The Law
- Bioethics & The Law
- Disability Law
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Health Care: Fraud And Abuse
- Health Care Compliance And Regulations
- Medicare And Medicaid Law
- Antitrust Issues In Health Care
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Master of Laws (LLM) View 162 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
- Completed application: An application is required for all applicants. Applications can be submitted electronically through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) or sent directly to the Office of Law Graduate Admissions.
- Application fee: A $40 nonrefundable application processing fee is required.
- Personal statement: A personal statement is required and must accompany your application for admission.
- Resume: It should include a complete employment record and identify honors, scholarships, and commendations received; membership in any bar, scholastic, honorary, and professional associations; as well as community, volunteer and extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official law school transcript
International1590 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1590 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1590 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1590 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.