You’ll gain a broad-based understanding of the legal, political and humanitarian resources to address the issues created by these situations.
- As part of our refugee studies program you’ll take courses in law, history, public health, public service and international studies and gain extensive hands-on training with the agencies and institutions assisting displaced people.
- This Refugee and Forced Migration Studies program from DePaul University is designed to be completed in two years, and most courses are offered in the evening at the Loop or Lincoln Park campuses.
- Pro-Seminar in History of Forced Migration
- Human Rights Law
- Asylum and Refugee Law and Policy
- International Conflict Management
- Public Health and Forced Migration
- International Dimensions of Public Service
- Refugee Trauma and Mental Health
- Management of International NGOs
- Humanitarian Logistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The Refugee and Forced Migration studies program has rolling admissions through July 1 for the following academic year.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 327 other Masters in International Relations in United States
The Master of Science in Refugee and Forced Migration Studies admits students with the following prerequisites:
- A bachelor's degree with evidence of strong intellectual and writing skills.
- Previous study and/or experience in refugee and forced migration, though not required.
- Evidence of a strong interest in pursuing a career related to human rights, refugee, migration, health, policy, academy, and forced migration.
International21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.