The Nutritional Science MSc program from Arizona State University is based on the scientific foundations of human nutrition, but also prepares students to have strong writing and problem-solving skills, computer literacy, interpretive expertise, and research experiences. Students who have completed an accredited didactic program in dietetics may also elect to apply to the ASU dietetic internship in order to meet the requirements to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
The primary objective of the graduate program in nutrition is to provide advanced training in nutrition research. Graduate students are expected to develop competencies in research methods and in advanced practice knowledge relevant to their area of study. The skills and knowledge acquired during the course of training should enable each student to develop professional competencies that can be applied to significant problems and issues within the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Nutritional science applies the principles of food and nutrition to health. It's a vital, growing profession with many career possibilities. In this field, graduates share their knowledge of food and nutrition to help people make healthful food choices.
Settings in which food and nutrition careers can be found include:
- community and public health organizations
- food manufacturing industries
- government agencies
- hospitals and other medical facilities
- long-term care facilities
- nonprofit organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Designing Health Behavior Change Interventions
- Vegetarian Nutrition
- Policies, Environment, and Obesity Prevention
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Endocrine Pathophysiology and Nutrition
- Evidenced-Based Nutrition
- Nutrition and the Athlete
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 346 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree (nutrition or science is recommended) from a regionally accredited institution.
- These courses are part of the ASU didactic program in dietetics required for ASU's BS degree in dietetics and to be eligible to apply for admission into an accredited dietetic internship to become a registered dietitian.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.