The Mathematics Education program at the Hofstra University provides advanced study in the curriculum, pedagogy, and content of mathematics. Individuals may also select concentrated studies in middle level 5-6, gifted education or bilingual education certification extensions. The program conforms with the recommendations for teacher preparation by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and with the New York State Learning Standards in Mathematics, Science, and Technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Technology in Education
- Cognition and Instruction
- The Dynamics of Curriculum Change
- Multicultural Curriculum and Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 3763 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed application form to the master's program.
- New York state initial certification for teaching mathematics, grades 7-12. Applicants who have provisional certification should contact the Department of Teaching, Learning and Technology for the correct program.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate course work, or its equivalent (e.g., a 3.0 in a completed graduate program). We encourage you to submit all transcripts from your undergraduate work and any graduate work for consideration.
- *Submission of scores on a nationally-normed graduate admission test (GRE or Praxis). Recent SAT/ACT exams may be accepted if verifiable by the test provider.
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale.
- Two letters of reference that address the applicant's potential to succeed in the teaching profession and in graduate course work.
- An interview with the program director.
International1510 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1510 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.