This Learning Sciences MA program from Arizona State University focuses on the power of design thinking to improve educational systems and provides students with a blend of theoretical insights and practical tools that will prepare them to shape learning environments and experiences. The systems-level approach includes cognitive, social and contextual factors and the interactions among them.
Graduates of the program will be equipped to design effective learning systems in a broad range of formal and informal settings that include museums, libraries, workplaces and schools and will be well-prepared to become leaders in the development, integration and improvement of learning and teaching systems.
Students gain skills in facilitating learning using an interdisciplinary approach, drawing upon cognitive science, educational psychology, computer science, anthropology, sociology, information sciences, neurosciences, instructional design and more. This prepares students to expand or pursue a variety of educational careers tailored to their professional goals.
Career examples include:
- educational and interactional designer
- educator in community organization
- educator in educational institution
- training specialist, coordinator, manager or director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Views of Learning
- Case Exemplars of Learning Systems
- History of the Learning Sciences
- Research Methods in the Learning Sciences
- LSE Seminar
- Applied Project or Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 4316 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.