At School Administration from Appalachian State University you will gain insight into your new role as you examine the leadership skills needed to evaluate the systems and processes for continuous school improvement.
Learn more about the principal's role in articulating, developing and implementing a school vision that aligns with and supports district priorities.
After completion of this program, you will be eligible for principal licensure and prepared for careers such as school principal, assistant principal or other director positions.
- The Principalship
- Developing and Managing Resources in Schools
- School Law
- Ethical and Humane Dimensions of Educational Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration Adult Education View 223 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Have at least three years of public school teaching experience or equivalent experience in other settings (e.g., private school teaching; training in the private sector; etc.)
- Hold a North Carolina "A" or "M" licensure or the equivalent from another state
- Have GRE or MAT scores no older than five years
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Three references (one of which must be from a current principal or direct supervisor)
- Application fee
- Personal statement
International19836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1102 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1102 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 304 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.