Geography from Appalachian State University prepares students for either professional opportunities in applied geography and planning, Ph.D. work in geography and related fields, or opportunities teaching geography at all educational levels, including college.
Past graduates have found jobs working in fields such as: geographic information science, climate science, planning for climate resilience, environmental analysis and policy development, transportation planning, urban planning, satellite image analysis, cartography, regional planning and sustainable development, economic development and land resource management.
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Director of Land Protection and Stewardship
- Geospatial Data Analyst
- GIS Director
- Health Geographer
- Land Surveyor
- Park Ranger
- Research Themes and Methods
- Advanced Quantitative and Qualitative Methods in Geography
- Thesis Preparation
- Climate Change: Physical Science Basis
- Climate and Society
- Planning for Climate Resilience
- Digital Image Processing
- Theory and Practice of Engineering Thermodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Admission - priority deadline is February 15
30-36 depending on the concentration
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Urban Planning View 288 other Masters in Geography in United States
- Required Entrance Exam: GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- letter addressing reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program, not to exceed two pages stating reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program
- Graduate School: 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.