The Family and Consumer Sciences Program from Hofstra University is designed to blend on-campus preparation with field experiences in a variety of school settings, culminating in full-time student teaching. Literacy, multicultural education, and information technology are integrated through all aspects of the program. The program conforms to the New York State Learning Standards in Physical Education, Health and Family and Consumer Sciences as well as Career Development and Occupational Studies.
The unique focus on family, health and relationships ensures that all students are prepared for college and a career. Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is the comprehensive body of skills, research, and knowledge that helps people make informed decisions about their wellbeing, relationships, and resources to achieve optimal quality of life.
- Child Development/Human Development
- Interpersonal, Family or Career Studies
- Nutrition, Health and Wellness
- Food Science and Food Production
- Business Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or Consumer Studies
- Fashion, Clothing and Textiles
- Interior Design and Environmental Studies
- Early Childhood, Elementary/Childhood or Adolescent Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Family & Consumer Science View 1624 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Prospective teachers seeking New York state Initial certification must complete a specified set of General Education Core requirements including, Artistic Expression, Communication, Information Retrieval, History/Social Science, Language Other Than English, Science, Mathematics, and Literature/Written Expression (6 s.h.).
- A minimum 2.75 GPA is required for the total course work in the General Education Core.
International29692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.