The Music Performance concentration is a thirty-hour program that emphasizes performance and applied music. Courses dealing with history, theory, and pedagogy (as they relate to performance) are included, and opportunities for internships and performances in local professional organizations such as Opera/Omaha and the Omaha Symphony are enjoyed by students at UNO.
The Music Education concentration is available in both a thirty-hour thesis and thirty-six hour non-thesis option. Music Education graduate courses emphasize pedagogy and practical application of music skills and research for teachers at all levels.
The Conducting concentration is a thirty-hour program that emphasizes individualized instruction in conducting and maximizes experiences in front of an ensemble. Courses in music history, literature, and theory supplement the practical experience to help produce well-rounded graduates with considerable knowledge of techniques and literature.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Music
- Music Bibliography
- Music Analysis for Performance
- Romantic Music Literature
- Music from 1900-1945
- Music Since 1945
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1002 other Masters in Music in United States
General requirementsProgram-Specific Requirements
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in all undergraduate courses in music.
- If the student does not have an undergraduate degree in music, the student must take the Department of Music Graduate Diagnostic Exam before enrolling in any graduate courses in order to determine which undergraduate foundation courses may be necessary.
- An audition is required for all applicants wishing to pursue the Performance concentration.
International16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7138 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.