Courses dealing with history, theory, and pedagogy (as they relate to performance) are included, and opportunities for internships and performances in local professional organizations such as Opera Omaha and the Omaha Symphony are enjoyed by students at UNO.
The music education concentration of the Music program of the University of Nebraska Omaha is a thirty-hour program with courses that emphasize pedagogy, practical application of music skills, and research for teachers at all levels. The class times and offerings are scheduled with the current practitioner in mind and include the option to complete much of the coursework online or during summer sessions.
The conducting concentration is a thirty-hour program that emphasizes individualized instruction in conducting and maximizes experiences in front of an ensemble. Courses in music history, literature, and theory supplement the practical experience to help produce well-rounded graduates with considerable knowledge of techniques and literature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Bibliography in Music
- Music Analysis for Performance
- Renaissance Music Literature
- Pedagogy of Music Theory
- Pedagogy of World Music
- Music from 1900 - 1945
- Student must have an undergraduate degree in music from an accredited institution and have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or a GPA of 3.0 or better in all music courses.
- If the student does not have an undergraduate degree in music, the student must take the School of Music Graduate Diagnostic Exam before enrolling in any graduate courses in order to determine which undergraduate foundation courses may be necessary.
- An audition for a panel of three graduate faculty members is required for all applicants wishing to pursue either the Performance or Conducting concentration.
- Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English.
- Complete an application & upload requirements.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (U.S. dollars) is required.
- Submit official transcripts and test scores.
- Submit financial requirements for I-20 processing.
- Submit final degree evaluation.
International16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7752 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.