Learn to make a bigger impact in the lives of learners through improved deployment of technology and learning opportunities in the classroom.By sharpening your skills and knowledge about digitalized media networks and innovative learning technologies, you will be positioned for careers ranging from K-12 through four-year colleges.
This Appalachian State University’s Educational Media graduate degree will allow you to focus your coursework in one of several tracks, each one opening up a new avenue of possibilities for your career. Each track offers you the opportunity to gain technical, aesthetic and intellectual skills and perspectives needed to analyze and develop online environments utilizing the digital networked media. This program provides an innovative blending of learning opportunities.
What Does a Career as an Instructional Designer and Technologist Look Like?
Instructional designers and technologists develop instructional materials and products and assist in the technology-based redesign of courses.
Instructional designer and technologist typically:
- Make recommendations regarding course design, technology and instruction delivery options.
- Develop instructional materials and products for technology-based redesign of courses.
- Design learning products, including web-based aids or electronic performance support systems.
- Provide analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies, educational policies or courseware standards.
- Assist faculty in learning about, becoming proficient in, and applying instructional technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instructional Design
- Designing Instruction for Digital-Age Learners
- New Media and Emerging Literacies
- Utilizing Networking and Communications Technologies for Learning
- Digital Learning Environments in a Changing Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 1018 other Masters in Education in United States
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Three or more years of professional work experience; or
- Completed 9 credit hours of graduate coursework at Appalachian State University or other accredited institution, with a grade of “B” or better, within the last 5 years.
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Three references
International925 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National925 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State266 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 266 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.