This flexible Appalachian State University’s Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program is designed for practitioners who wish to increase their knowledge and skills necessary to develop a school culture that values diversity and promotes high expectations and achievement for all.
Your studies in the Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program will prepare you to become a curriculum instructional specialist whose primary concern is the improvement of learning opportunities through instructional leadership in curriculum development, instruction and staff development.
What Does a Career as a Curriculum Specialist Look Like?
Curriculum specialists develop instructional material, coordinate educational content, and incorporate current technology as they provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses.
Curriculum specialists typically:
- Observe teaching staff and recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Plan and conduct teacher training programs and conferences covering new classroom procedures, instructional materials, equipment, and teaching aids.
- Interpret and enforce provisions of state education codes, rules and regulations of state education boards.
- Conduct or participate in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote the advancement of learning strategies.
- Advise teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of materials and equipment, and implementation of state and federal programs and procedures.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Diversity
- Supervision of Instruction
- Connecting Learners and Subject Matter
- Curriculum Planning
- Product of Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 1225 other Masters in Education in United States
- All applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- Three references
International36075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State10374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 266 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.