About this Degree
The History at James Madison University exposes students to the broad range of skills and issues associated with public history while providing them with a solid advanced background in history.
Students also augment their academic training through internships in a range of public history settings including museums, archives, government agencies, libraries, historic preservation organizations, businesses, contract history firms, cultural resource management firms and historic sites.
- Patterns of World History
- Seminar in Historical Research Methods
- Graduate Research and Writing Seminar
- Thesis Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 233 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- Statement of purpose (approximately 500 words) We invite you to discuss your intellectual and professional development thus far and how earning an M.A. in History at JMU will contribute to your development, both intellectually and professionally, as a historian.
- Formal writing sample of approximately 10 to 20 pages that demonstrates the applicant's analytical abilities and writing skills
- Three letters of recommendation
- Any additional materials that demonstrate the applicant's preparation and potential for graduate study
International17760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 466 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Harrisonburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.