During the Athletic Training program of the University of Nebraska Omaha students acquire the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of clinicians ready to fulfill critical roles in shaping the future of healthcare delivery. The athletic training program provides education, resources and opportunities for the growth and development of dedicated practitioners, reflective scholars, and responsible citizens through diverse didactic and clinical experiences, based on the competencies set forth by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA).
This program is not a post-professional program and is not intended for students that have graduated from a CAATE-Accredited Program. Students that complete the ATP will earn a Master of Arts in Athletic Training. Successful completion of this program provides the eligibility to sit for the Board of Certification Examination.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Athletic Training Techniques
- Emergency Management of Injury and Illness
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Evidence-Based Practice in Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Athletic Training Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 164 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 is required for unconditional admission.
- Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 25 hours of observation with a an athletic trainer (ATC).
- Complete an application & upload requirements.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (U.S. dollars) is required.
- Submit official transcripts and test scores.
- Submit financial requirements for I-20 processing.
- Submit final degree evaluation.
International16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 24 months.
National16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7752 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.