As a graduate, you will be prepared to immediately secure a position in the working world.
The Applied Economics and Policy program offered by University of Windsor places special emphasis in preparing you to utilize large amounts of data available to professionals in government and business to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government polices and business projects.
Through a multidisciplinary approach to policy analysis involving economic courses, business courses, communication workshops and an exciting research project, you will have all of the tools and experiences needed to begin a career as an Economist.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Microeconomics
- Mathematics for Applied Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Business Communication
- Research Project in Economic Policy and Seminar
- International Economics: Trade
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Applied Mathematics Public Policy View 25 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Canada
- Completion of undergraduate courses in statistics, micro, and macro economics
- Statement of Interest (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages)
- In order to be admitted to the program, a student must hold a 4-year bachelor degree with a minimum major average of B- (70%) or an average of B+ (77%) or better in the last 2 years of study. Applicants must have at least one undergraduate course in statistics, and introductory-level courses in microeconomics and macroeconomics. In exceptional cases, students not meeting these requirements can be admitted at the discretion of the Program Coordinator after consultation with the Advisory Board. In addition, two semesters of calculus, and a semester of intermediate microeconomics and macroeconomics are highly recommended, but not required.
International16124 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8062 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National5590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2795 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.