The primary objective of the Biology graduate program from James Madison University is to enrich the student's subject knowledge and give the student a rigorous experience in research and thesis-writing. Students can also acquire training and experience in teaching.
Training in teaching is provided through courses and the mentored teaching of biology laboratories. Thus, students not only gain research experience, they also learn to be effective teachers and communicators.
Currently, the Biology department has research strengths in the following areas:
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Comparative and Functional Morphology
- Developmental Biology
- Ecology, Evolution, Behavior and Systematics
- Plant Biology
- Thesis Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 526 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Professional Goals and Interest
- Statement of Purpose - 1-2 page statement describing your academic interests and immediate and long-range goals. Include information regarding your experiences, research, and academic career that have led you to your area of interest and goals. Indicate how the JMU Biology Masters program will help you reach your goals. Include information regarding your experiences, research, and academic career that have led you to your area of interest and goals. Indicate how the JMU Biology Masters program will help you reach your goals.
- GRE General Test. Exam should have been taken 5 years or less from application date.
International17760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 466 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Harrisonburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.