The Marriage and Family Therapy students at the University of Southern Mississippi engage in focused clinical training that includes the provision of 500 hours of direct therapy services through both our on-site training clinic and community placements.
What Will I Learn?
- Students enrolled in the academic and clinical training in the MFT program advance their knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Development of genuine relationships with self and others
- Increased self-awareness, healthy boundaries, and self-worth
- Assessment and diagnosis of mental illness
- Joining and creating an effective therapeutic alliance
- Application of therapy models and interventions that promote change
- Enhanced understanding of diversity and global awareness
- Provision of therapy services to individuals, couples, and families
The Marriage and Family Therapy Program at USM is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) and meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of Mississippi.
- Prepracticum in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Practice of MFT
- Couple Therapy
- Gender and Culture in Therapeutic Relationships
- Family Therapy with Children and Adolescents
- Marriage and Family Therapy Theories
- Advanced Study of Marriage and Family Therapy Theories
- Ethics and Professional Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Acceptance of applications will continue until all program slots are filled.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling View 1223 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A minimum of 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- GRE scores – verbal and analytical writing
- Three reference letters that speak to your ability to succeed in graduate school and your emotional maturity; two letters must be from former professors
- A written essay identifying your personal and professional goals
- A resume
- A personal interview with the program director and clinical faculty
International9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
National9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hattiesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.