The hydrographer is involved with every aspect of ocean data from bathymetric mapping of the ocean floor, managing large marine data sets, exploring for the minerals that lie far beneath, measuring currents, tides and waves, and observing the ocean environment.
Our Hydrography degrees comprise only 1 of 3 programs in the North America that are Recognized by the International Board on Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors and Nautical Cartographers for technical professionals.
What Will I Learn?
- Data mining for all existing spatially-related information for the project area
- Planning, preparation and development of Hydrographic Survey Specifications for the project area
- Data collection (multi-beam, single-beam, side-scan sonar, tides, sound velocity, shoreline, navaids, etc.)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Data processing and analysis
- Quality assurance checks to determine if international standards have been met
- Electronic Navigational Chart production
- Completion of a comprehensive Report of Survey meeting the standards of the current NOAA Hydrographic Survey specifications and deliverables
- Presentation of the project and results to the examination committee
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management View 65 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Regular admission to the master's program in Hydrographic Science requires successful completion of the Graduate Record Examination (all sections) and a high grade point average for the last two years of undergraduate study.
- Also required are three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess the applicant's readiness for graduate study. A letter of intent should also be addressed to the department chair expressing personal academic, research, and career goals.
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.