The goal of this Computer Science - Big Data Systems MSc program from Arizona State University is to provide students the knowledge, skills and the advanced research expertise in designing scalable (parallel, distributed, and real-time) systems for acquiring, storing, processing, and accessing large-scale heterogeneous multi-source data and in using analytical tools to mine information from the data.
Graduates who complete the Master of Science program in computer science are able to analyze and apply key theories, algorithms and software modules used in the field of computer science. This concentration program provides a competitive advantage to secure employment as there is a growing need for data scientists and engineers who can architect, implement and manage large data systems.
Career examples include:
- computer network architect
- computer system analyst
- computer systems engineer
- data scientist or engineer
- machine learning, AI computer vision engineer
- software engineer
- software developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Management System Implementation
- Distributed Database Systems
- Data Mining
- Statistical Learning for Data Mining
- Multimedia and Web Databases
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
- Semantic Web Mining
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 228 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- official GRE test scores
- three letters of recommendation
- statement of purpose
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.