Our programs enable students to learn the concepts and technical skills they will need to be productive and responsible contributors in the diverse fields of mass communication. We offer the state’s only comprehensive mass communication program that provides the full breadth (print and broadcast journalism, broadcast production, photojournalism, film, advertising and public relations) and depth (baccalaureate to doctoral degrees) of mass communication education.
We offer the only programs in the state in film production and photojournalism and the only master's degree in public relations, and we are the only mass communication program in the state with a dual-campus responsibility (Hattiesburg and Gulf Park campuses). Our curricula also have a long-standing international orientation, including study-abroad opportunities in the United Kingdom and other countries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mass Communication Theory
- Critical and Cultural Theory
- Introduction to Graduate Research
- Content Analysis
- Communication Research Methods
- Telecommunication Media Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 547 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Undergraduate academic record:
- Regular Admission: An overall 3.0 GPA is required as well as a 3.0 major GPA. A cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours from all institutions of our applicants has ranged from 3.0 to 4.0.
- Conditional Admission: The cumulative GPA of the last 60 hours from all institutions is usually 2.75 or better. Students admitted on conditional admission status must take their first nine semester hours of graduate level course work in the School of Mass Communication and Journalism and earn a 3.0 GPA on all coursework taken while completing the nine-hour requirement.
- Scores from the GRE must be submitted.
- A statement of purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.