The Strategic Design and Management MSc program offered by The New School brings together a diverse group aspiring to initiate and lead change in emerging fields: business professionals wishing to address business challenges through design, design practitioners seeking to acquire expertise in business and leadership, and entrepreneurs looking to develop transformative business propositions for an evolving global economy.
Students can complete the MS entirely on campus or online, or in a blended learning format.
Design Thinking in Global Contexts
The MS in Strategic Design and Management responds to the major restructuring of economies worldwide. The program brings together design thinking — tools borrowed from studio practice and applied broadly, such as ideation, prototyping, design research and ethnography, and collaborative work — and service design and sustainability frameworks. Strategic Design and Management graduate students focus on the evolving global economy and are exposed to sophisticated real-world perspectives on strategy, sustainability, management, leadership, entrepreneurship, and design innovation and research.
Graduates are well positioned for careers in business, sustainability management, innovation, social enterprise, strategic and service design, and entrepreneurship.
- Strategic Design and Management in New Economies
- Sustainable Business Models
- Managing Creative Projects and Teams
- Design Innovation and Leadership
- Integrative Studio
- Regulatory and Ethical Contexts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Design Strategic Management View 1664 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Complete the online application
- The application fee for first-year international applicants is $75
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Program Essay
- Portfolio (Optional)
- Although it is not required, if you took the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), scores can be submitted to support your application
- All applicants whose first language is not English must submit valid TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores
International32580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.