The Strategic Design and Management program of The New School brings together a diverse group aspiring to initiate and lead change in emerging fields: business professionals wishing to address business challenges through design, design practitioners seeking to acquire expertise in business and leadership, and entrepreneurs looking to develop transformative business propositions for an evolving global economy.
Students can complete the MS entirely on campus or online, or in a blended learning format.
Design Thinking in Global Contexts
The MS in Strategic Design and Management responds to the major restructuring of economies worldwide. The program brings together design thinking — tools borrowed from studio practice and applied broadly, such as ideation, prototyping, design research and ethnography, and collaborative work — and service design and sustainability frameworks. Strategic Design and Management graduate students focus on the evolving global economy and are exposed to sophisticated real-world perspectives on strategy, sustainability, management, leadership, entrepreneurship, and design innovation and research.
Graduates are well positioned for careers in business, sustainability management, innovation, social enterprise, strategic and service design, and entrepreneurship.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Strategic Design and Management in New Economies
- Sustainable Business Models
- Managing Creative Projects and Teams
- Design Innovation and Leadership
- Integrative Studio
- Regulatory and Ethical Contexts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Strategic Management View 351 other Masters in Design in United States
- Complete the online application
- The application fee is $50. The fee is paid through the online application and is non-refundable. There is also a $10 SlideRoom fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Program Essay
- Portfolio (Optional)
- Although it is not required, if you took the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), scores can be submitted to support your application
- All applicants whose first language is not English must submit valid TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores
International1810 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1810 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1810 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1810 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.