We offer a master degree in Social Work Advanced Standing at the University of Memphis.
Students seeking admission into the Advanced Standing Program must:
- meet all admissions requirements for the 60 credit hour program
- have obtained a BA/BSW degree from an undergraduate program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) within five years of making application to the MSW or be a Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker (LBSW)
- have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complete a concentration in either Advanced Practice with Children, Youth, and Families (available fully online beginning summer 2019) or Advanced Practice with Adults and Families (available fully online beginning summer 2020).
- A field placement of 560 hours is required as part of the concentration. Online students must have daytime availability in their respective time zone to complete that field placement.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 60 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate Degree: The applicant must provide an official transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree was awarded by an accredited college or university. In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made. If you are a UofM undergraduate student applying to Graduate School at UofM, you do not need to request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- For domestic students, signed and sealed transcripts that have been in the applicant’s possession can be used for admission purposes; however, official transcripts may later be requested.
- Entrance Examinations: New applicants may be required by the individual program to have taken an appropriate entrance examination within five years of the application date.
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.