This Liberal Studies program at the University of Memphis is offered both on campus and fully online and features a flexible, adaptable curriculum that students can tailor for the broadest possible application and personal enrichment.
- It is designed to sharpen the intellectual skills necessary for lifelong learning—critical reading, scholarly writing, and the art of interpersonal communication.
- Because each MALS student follows a unique course of study, students work with academic advisors to develop a curriculum proposal that satisfies both the interdisciplinary intent of the MALS program and the Graduate School's requirements for graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Coordinated Study is comprised of twenty-one (21) credit hours selected by the student from two or more disciplines. No more than 12 credit hours may come from any single department, and a maximum of 12 credits of Experiential Learning Credit can be applied to the degree.
- All courses must be at the Graduate level and at least 12 hours of the Coordinated Study must be 7000-level courses or above. Each student completes a Coordinated Study grid before starting the program, and that grid serves as a working agreement between the student and the College of Professional & Liberal Studies.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International Applicants Currently in the US
- Fall July 1
- Spring December 1
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 102 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Resumé: The applicant's resumé should include the applicant's employment history, academic history, current contact information, and any additional relevant information, such as professional skills, training, presentations, publications, etc.
- Recommendation Letters: Applicants must submit at least one official letter of recommendation, preferably from a previous or current instructor who can attest to the student's capacity for graduate work. All recommendation letters must meet College of Professional & Liberal Studies requirements or they will not be accepted.
- Coordinated Study Grid: Applicants must submit a completed Coordinated Study Grid detailing the intended course of study.
- Personal Essay: Applicants must submit a brief, original essay (approximately 500-600 words).
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.