The aim of the Philosophy program from the University of Memphis is twofold. It is designed to provide comprehensive training in philosophy for students seeking work beyond the baccalaureate, as background for such areas as law, theology, psychology, and cognitive science, or solely for self-enrichment.
- For students intending to continue their study in a doctoral program, the program also provides the thorough preparation necessary for admission to and success in a PhD program.
- Several assistantships are available for students in the MA program. Assistantships are renewed for the second year for students making satisfactory progress in the two-year MA program. Applications received after January 5th cannot be guaranteed consideration for an assistantship for the following fall semester.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program requires 33 semester hours of course work for students who do not write a thesis, 30 hours for students who write a thesis.
- These must include (a) two courses in the history of philosophy; (b) two courses from metaphysics, epistemology, and related areas; and (c) two courses in normative areas of philosophy.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 191 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate Degree: The applicant must provide an official transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree was awarded by an accredited college or university. In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made. If you are a UofM undergraduate student applying to Graduate School at UofM, you do not need to request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- For domestic students, signed and sealed transcripts that have been in the applicant’s possession can be used for admission purposes; however, official transcripts may later be requested.
- Entrance Examinations: New applicants may be required by the individual program to have taken an appropriate entrance examination within five years of the application date.
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.