The program is approved by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Our Masters of Science degree (M.S.) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the University of Memphis is designed so that upon completion of the program, students will have met Tennessee's Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) educational requirements as well as the State's Mental Health Service Provider (MHSP)educational requirements.
ObjectivesThe mission of the CMH Counseling program faculty is to prepare counselors who will ethically promote the emotional well-being of:
- Individuals (childhood through adulthood)
- Diverse client populations located in urban, rural and international settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program requires completion of a minimum of sixty (60) graduate hours of academic coursework, and includes the successful completion of a practicum (3 graduate hours/150 clock hours) a clinical internship (9 graduate hours/600 clock hours) and successfully passing a written comprehensive examination.
- Clinical mental health courses are held both in the daytime and evenings, as many students work part-time or full-time while pursuing their degree.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 918 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate Degree: The applicant must provide an official transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree was awarded by an accredited college or university. In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made. If you are a UofM undergraduate student applying to Graduate School at UofM, you do not need to request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- For domestic students, signed and sealed transcripts that have been in the applicant’s possession can be used for admission purposes; however, official transcripts may later be requested.
- Entrance Examinations: New applicants may be required by the individual program to have taken an appropriate entrance examination within five years of the application date.
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.