Gain conflict resolution, collaborative decision making, and problem-solving skills.
Focus on areas such as court mediation, restorative justice, cross cultural conflict, peacebuilding, organizational and international conflict, and more.
Students in University of Massachusetts Boston's Conflict Resolution Master of Arts (MA) program examine the causes and characteristics of local and global conflict, and develop skills related to peaceful problem solving and collaborative decision making.
Graduates work in fields as varied as policy, health care, education, peacebuilding, human resources, law, and ministry. We are involved in court mediation, peace education, restorative justice, inter-religious dialogue, bridging the Israeli Palestinian conflict and much more.
Careers & Skills
The conflict resolution graduate programs provide the theoretical foundations and practical skills to advance your current career trajectory or help you transition to a new one. Our alumni work in fields as diverse as business, government, education, health care, and international humanitarian work.
- Mediation Internship
- Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Conflict Resolution Systems for Organizations
- Overview of Conflict Intervention Processes
- Conflict in Workgroups
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Psychology Sociology View 372 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Writing Sample optional
- Statement of Purpose - Answer all 3 questions:
- Outline the development of your interest in conflict resolution, leading to your decision to apply to the program. (500-1,000 words).
- Describe one or more specific experiences you have had with conflict. What was your role? What were your rewards and frustrations? (500-1,000 words).
- How will you apply the skills, knowledge, and perspective acquired through the program in your current and/or future employment? (500-1,000 words).
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Part time in-state: $787/credit
- Part time out-of-state: $1,537/credit
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.