Our graduate Biomedical Engineering program at the University of Memphis is a collaboration with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC).
We offer three graduate degrees in BME: MS degree with project, MS degree with thesis, and PhD with doctoral dissertation. Students can choose to work in the areas of Biosensors, Biomechanics, Bioelectricity, and Biomaterials.
- Biomedical Engineers work in industry, in hospitals, and in research labs of government, academic, and industrial institutions. They may also become part of the regulatory function in government.
- Our program has a strong record of job placement after graduation. Approximately 54% of our students are now working in industry and 27% have continued on to with a graduate degree programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical engineers use technology and biological sciences to solve health problems and advance healthcare. They do things like design joint replacement implants, develop life-saving tools, and discover new ways to deliver drugs to fight disease.
- Start solving health problems in Herff's biomed lab. Grow your own cells on a template to see how you might heal different parts of the body. Right now, we're developing a device that guides the treatment of septic shock better than ever before. Sound unbelievable? It's not. Every day, Herff students bring new ideas to the table and push the field of biomedical research further.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International Applicants Currently in the US
- Fall July 1
- Spring December 1
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 862 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate Degree: The applicant must provide an official transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree was awarded by an accredited college or university. In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made. If you are a UofM undergraduate student applying to Graduate School at UofM, you do not need to request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- For domestic students, signed and sealed transcripts that have been in the applicant’s possession can be used for admission purposes; however, official transcripts may later be requested.
- Entrance Examinations: New applicants may be required by the individual program to have taken an appropriate entrance examination within five years of the application date.
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.