This Social Studies Teacher program at The City University of New York leads to New York State Initial or Professional Certification to teach social studies, grades 7-12. The length of the program depends on the individual's prior preparation.
The profession of teacher education is licensed by the New York State Education Department. Therefore, program requirements are subject to change. All students should consult with the Department of Secondary Education for the current requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diversity and the Inclusive Classroom
- Teaching Writing across the Curriculum
- Advanced Seminar in Pedagogy and Curriculum, Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education: Social Studies
- Seminar in Educational Research: Social Studies
- Perspectives on Education: Teaching Children and Adolescents in Cultural Context
- Analysis of Classroom Interaction and Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Pedagogy Teaching View 1460 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.')
- Two letters of recommendation
- Photocopy of New York State or other state teaching certificate (if already certified)
- A brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- The same requirements apply to non-degree applicants.
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.