The New York State Education Department licenses graduates of registered teacher education programs who meet the state requirements for teachers. All students should consult with the Department of Secondary Education for current requirements.
This French Teacher (Grades 7-12) master of arts program at The City University of New York provides students with an initiation to the French/Francophone literature. At the same time, the focus on language and culture fully prepares students for employment as foreign language teachers at the middle and high school levels.
Coursework is divided between the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures (six courses) and the Department of Secondary Education. The courses required by the Department of Secondary Education vary depending on the entry qualifications of students. The profession of teacher education is licensed by the New York State Education Department. Therefore, program requirements are subject to change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Grammar and Syntax
- Culture of France
- Francophone Cultures
- Thesis Research
- Advanced Seminar in Pedagogy and Curriculum Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education: Modern Languages
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Teaching View 1460 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.' )
- Two letters of recommendation
- Photocopy of New York State or other state teaching certificate
- A brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam
- Interview with department.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.