Unlike the MS in Education, this Linguistics (Applied) program at The City University of New York focuses on adult learners and does not lead to New York State certification for K-12 teaching. The program consists of 36 credits of seminar teaching, independent student research and classroom practicums, which students typically complete in 1-2 years. Both full-time and part-time study programs are available. The program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals with daytime jobs.
- Minimum overall grade point average of B (3.0).
- All students must file a Program of Study form with the Program Director.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching English Sentence Structure
- Language and Cross-cultural Communication
- Evaluation and Measurement in TESOL
- Teaching English Sound Structure
- Second Language Acquisition and Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Fall Priority Deadline - April 1
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 668 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- In your essay, please describe an experience you have had that has encouraged you to become a teacher of English as a Second language and explain how that influenced your decision.
- An interview may be requested.
- The credentials of each applicant will be examined by the Linguistics Graduate Admissions Committee. The number of applicants approved for matriculation is limited by available resources; therefore, applicants who otherwise meet minimum requirements for matriculation may not necessarily be admitted.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.